I wrote this yesterday. Today is going to be preeeetty crazy. Tomorrow will be worse. And all week I’m going to wish it was the weekend. In a way I’m in the past, present and future all at the same time, which means I am nowhere.
How sad is it that we spend five days of the week wishing it was the sixth day of the week, and the seventh getting ready for the first five of the following week?
Luckily it’s still beneficial to fit a minute of stillness somewhere in my day.
Are you facing a day from hell? Try this:
- Sit comfortably with your feet on the floor
- Close your eyes
- Breathe into any tension you feel and release it through your mouth
- Continue to breathe slowly and deeply, paying attention to each inhale and exhale
- Repeat 5 or 6 times, pausing briefly at the top and bottom of the breath
- Gradually become aware of your surroundings as you open your eyes and return to your day
Peace . . .