While on the phone with customers, I often have to ask them to please wait because the computer is locking up, or stalling. There are too many people trying to access the same information, and the system puts us in a queue. Waiting our turn, the system takes our requests, and one by one we are freed to continue our work.
For those of you who have noticed (bless your little hearts), I’ve not posted since April 26th. While doing a little waiting-for-spring cleaning on my computer, I ran into the awards for which I have been nominated. I was eventually going to get around to the handful I thought were in there. Imagine my dismay when I found seven nominations that had never been posted, acknowledge or passed along. Like our computer system at work, I am overwhelmed at the requests I have placed upon myself all at one time.
. . . I am locked up . . .
A computer has no other options than to finish the tasks until it is caught up. We humans are endowed with options. As I see it, these are mine:
- Procrastinate some more
- Press the delete button and move on
- Complete the task in its entirety, no matter how long it takes, before doing anything else
- Complete the task a little at a time, while keeping up on new tasks
- Bend the rules. Get ‘er done. Embrace imperfection.
Number 5 it is!
Beautiful Blogger Award
December 2, 2012 & January 2, 2013
myspokenheart: Her title says it all. She really does speak from the heart, and there is so much goodness in there to be said. Check out her site if you would like to see a truly Beautiful Blogger. Thank you for the nomination!
diy2emc: Here is a fun little place to stop. I always find something I want to take away with me. Drinks, food, beauty tips, and all with the frugal in mind. “Being on a budget forces you to be creative . . ” E, as her friends call her, is one of my newer blog finds, and a keeper! Thanks for the nomination, and let me know if your vagina ever says anything important . . 😉
5 quick facts about me:
- It’s almost 2 p.m. and I am still sitting here in my p.j.s
- My favorite souvenir ever is a rock with LOSER painted on it
- My grandparents immigrated from Canada in the 1940s
- Peanut butter is one of my favorite foods
- Beer over champagne. I’m just sayin’
One Lovely Blog
December 31, 2012
Fictional Machines: This is one busy guy. He writes. He does photography. He does film. He started blogging after a man in a dream told him to ” start giving it away.” He is highly infected with creativity. I love him for what he calls his “short satirical pieces.” What a sweet way to close out the year! Thank you, Lattimer!
This one requires 7 secrets. Secrets? If I told you, they wouldn’t be secrets anymore. Take the 5 above and add these two. I wasn’t kidding when I said I’m bending the rules.
- I love the wooden hangers from IKEA
- Vanilla ice cream is the best. You can make it any flavor you want by adding toppings. Want cherry nut? Add cherries and pecans. Want maple nut? Add walnuts and maple syrup. Want rocky road? You know the drill!
February 28, 2013
myspokenheart: Go ahead. Click myspokenheart again. Different award, see? This time she nominated me for the Shine On Award. I don’t think this is a cleaning reference, so I won’t take out the Windex. Instead I will forge ahead and thank her dearly for her vote of confidence! Thanks again, Lady!
Answers to her 5 random questions are required:
- Milk or Dark Chcolate and why? Milk chocolate for the taste. Dark for the satiety. I could eat a whole bag of milk chocolate, so I try not to buy it. But I always keep a little dark chocolate around for a bite or two.
- What is your favourite memory? First of all, I love that spelling of favorite. There are two. And they are linked, like the circle of life. The memory of sitting in the hot summer grass, and the memory of watching my kids running through the park.
- What is the greatest song (or band) in your opinion? (and please back yourself up) Great implies someone like The Beatles. The greatest band in my life was Disturbed. They have a song called Down With The Sickness. It changed the way I saw and felt metal music. I related to the song in my life at the time.
- If there were no limits and you could go anywhere you wanted to, right now, where would you go? Italy. I want to submerse all my senses in that country.
- Cheetah, eagle, or dolphin?
Best Moment Award
March 10, 2013
Moment Matters: This blog is about the little things that matter to you. It is a community blog, for the people and by the people, kind of like what this country is based on. Streamlining the acceptance process, I will skip to the required acceptance speach . .
I . . . I don’t know what to say. This is so . . . so . . . unexpected. I’d like to thank all the little people who I stepped on to get this far. I’d like to thank my children for forgiving me forgetting to pick them up from practice. I’d like to thank Bubba for ignoring him on cold winter nights. There are so many sacrifices you have all had to pay for my success. And I’d like to tell you now they are all worth it. Also, I cannot close without thanking Moment Matters for nominating me for this award. Seriously . . I appreciate it. And will continue to write about the moments that matter to me in the hopes that it may matter to someone else.
March 24, 2013
Cackles.From.A.Mad.Duck Sarah, or The Laughing Duck as she prefers to be called, blogs book reviews and other excessive thoughts. I never know what I will find there, but it is bound to have a lighthearted feel with a couple chuckles mixed in. Thank you for my Liebster! I am in great company, as I look down the list of other bloggers you nominated.
Now, she only asks that I answer one question:
If someone were to travel into space and takes a regular clock ticking on earth’s time, since I don’t think it necessarily slows down visually, how would it regulate for the space traveler given that 1 year in space is equivalent to 10 years on earth (supposedly)…
As for the person themselves, if they happen to fall asleep for a few hours, wouldn’t that equate to them sleeping for several days since their bodies still run on earth time?..No bladder issues anyone?
I DO have bladder issues, thanks for asking. I can’t sit on a plane from Minneapolis to Chicago without visiting the little traveler’s room at least twice. Just give me a catheter for space travel, and since I probably don’t have anywhere else to be, I’m chucking the clock out the airlock. Does that answer your friggin’ question?
WordPress Family Award
April 27, 2013
Once Upon the Wings of a Dragonfly To be honest, I visited her blog because of the dragonfly. To be clear, I followed her because she is very genuine. I feel like I am reading a note scribbled out and passed under the desk. She writes about the WordPress Family Award, “Never underestimate the power of connection, big or small it makes an impact.” Indeed, Ms. Dragonfly . . . indeed. Thank you for this connection.
It is not my intention to diminish the gifts that have been given to me. I only know that today I need to move on and try to do better in the future. Isn’t that all any of us hope to do?