A Game of Tag ~ I’ve Been Tagged, Now I’m Tagging You. (And No Touch Backs … HA!)
IrishKatie snagged me on the back of the neck with a tranquilizer dart before I got a chance to run. I hate playing these games, but I like reading other people’s answers, so I guess it’s only fair I play along . . .
This is how it works – at least how its been passed down to me:
- Post the rules. (Yes, there’s rules.)
- Post a photo of yourself. (If you’re comfortable.)
- Post eleven random facts about you. (Why eleven? . . . hmmmm . . .)
- Questions were created for you by the person who tagged you. Answer the questions.
- Tag several other people.
- Create eleven new questions for those that you have tagged.
- Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
Item #2: Here’s my picture.
JUST KIDDING! This is me . .
Item #3: Eleven random facts about myself
- 3.1 I have a strange fascination with Sumac.
- 3.2 I sometimes order from Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com just so I can get a package at my door. I love having packages at my door!
- 3.3 I change my own oil.
- 3.4 I sometimes forget what the point of the conversation is . . . when I’m talking to myself.
- 3.5 I almost never lose anything permanently.
- 3.6 When I get angry, I like to go to the gym and work on the elliptical machine with head-banging metal music blaring in my ears and my eyes shut.
- 3.7 I love gadgets, and I’m afraid if I won the lottery I would have all the newest.
- 3.8 I’m a merciless flirt.
- 3.9 I am often described as ‘entertaining.’ Never sure how to take that…
- 3.10 I really hate playing most games. Volleyball is ok.
- 3.11 I have an egress window that opens onto my driveway. So far 2 people have fallen in since I’ve lived here. But I am told a pickup once had to be towed out after driving into it.
Item #4: Questions I am answering that were posed to me.
- 4.1 How do you think you and I met? We met in Blogsville over a steaming cup of coffee, while commenting on one of our mutual Blogfriends.
- 4.2 How long do you think you will be blogging here? I will be doing it as long as it continues to be a successful therapy — so hopefully until I die, because it’s hard work finding a new therapy that works.
- 4.3 Whether you like math or not, what do you think is one cool thing about math? Formulas. A + B = C. I wish that were always true in real life.
- 4.4 Whether you believe we are alone in the universe or not, does believing what you do comfort you? To answer that, one must first decide what one believes before one can decide if that is a comfort or not. I am really undecided, but am comfortable in my indecision.
- 4.5 What is an embarrassing thing that happened to you since the beginning of 2013? I bought a fitbit last year (see 3.7). I have to walk a long way to the bathroom at work, but found I could get in more steps and floors if I use the upstairs one. I still wanted more steps so while I was unzipping, I was taking a step to the left, and a step to the right like a dance — step-step, step-step. You guessed it. I didn’t realize I wasn’t the only one in a stall. I stayed in there until they left.
- 4.6 What is something you have done since the beginning of 2013 that you are proud of? I made an earring rack in my bedroom.
- 4.7 What did you dream about last night? I have some really cool dreams, so I wish I could tell you a colorful story, but I don’t remember any from last night. All I remember is waking up with a stomach ache at one point.
- 4.8 We’ve all seen the, ‘What 5 people would you want at a dinner party?’ question. Say you got all 5 there, what would you serve for dinner? I think it was Julia Childs that said you can’t go wrong with a roast chicken. Or was that Ann Landers? Anyway, I’ve always remembered that, so most likely I would roast a chicken or two.
- 4.9 Can you give the next in the sequence? OTTFFS No. Please refer to 3.10 above. And also please note that, as far as I’m concerned, brainteasers are games.
- 4.10 All of you that I have tagged loved to write. What kind of writing do you like to do? I like to explore the random thoughts that come to me during my day. It quiets the voices.
- 4.11 What makes you happy when you are feeling down? Sitting in a coffee shop with a hot cup of something and my laptop. It doesn’t matter if I’m shopping, paying bills, reading or writing . . . just that I am out in public but by myself.
Item #5: Tag several others.
Paraphrasing IrishKatie, who hemmed and hawed about who to tag, and in the end said, “Feck it,” like it or not, play along or not, I’m tagging these people. If I’ve tagged you, it’s because I think you would be hilarious to play tag with. No pressure. Even though I hate games.
Item #6: Create 11 new questions.
To the people I am tagging, these are the questions you have to answer
- 6.1 What do your favorite movies make you do — laugh? cry? think?
- 6.2 What is the worst nickname anybody ever gave you?
- 6.3 Would you rather build a snowman or a sandcastle?
- 6.4 What is the best souvenir you ever picked up?
- 6.5 What do you do with your loose change?
- 6.6 Why doesn’t adult fiction have illustrations?
- 6.7 Why do you talk to yourself?
- 6.8 What did you have for breakfast this morning?
- 6.9 What is the strangest thing you ever ate?
- 6.10 Pick up the closest book to you. What is the name/author of the book and why do you have it?
- 6.11 What are you putting off?
Item #7: Let those I have tagged be made aware of it.
And so I shall.
PS: I found it easiest just to copy and paste IrishKatie’s whole post into mind and then edit all the parts that are supposed to be in my own words. Did I mention I hate these things?